What Makes Me Come Alive? When Was the Last Time I Felt Truly Alive?

5:02 PM

Hello hello!


I'm so exhausted right now. Hahaha. I decided to start a workout challenge today with Hsuen! Day 1 was so hard already, I do hope I grow stronger and am able to finish it strongly instead of like... limping towards the finish line HAHAHA. I managed to squeeze the workout in before my morning meeting so that felt like an achievement of the day for me. I even charged my MiFitBand last night so I can track the calories burnt HAHAHA. 


At this rate... I might even be motivated to do a double workout this evening huhuhu. I know it's not good to overexert the body... but after walking Cuddles in the evening I always feel a little restless if I have extra energy. Maybe a simple stretch workout? Eh. I'll figure it out then hehe.


I had back to back office meetings today and it was... mentally exhausting. That's all I'll say.


Now on to answer today's journaling prompt!

What makes me come alive? When was the last time I felt truly alive?


Firstly... what does it mean to come alive? 

It's another tough question eh?


I like the rush of adrenaline when doing sports. I like the fulfillment and content when I produce a piece of art that I like. I like the feeling of my imagination flowing whenever I read books. I like the thrill when I play games with difficult contents to clear. I like the dopamine burst after finishing an exercise routine. I like chilling and taking pictures with my friends cause we're always having fun. I like cuddling with le boyfie and falling asleep easily cause I feel safe and loved. I like decorating my journals and planners, and of course the stationary shopping that follows!), it makes times pass by so easily.


There's so many things I do with so many feelings involved. I feel alive then.


When was the last time I felt truly alive? I can't quite remember. Possible before the COVID pandemic came and put a lid on everything. Everything I've been feeling was like.. a muted version. I just want this to end, and maybe leaving the house without restrictions will be the heartbeat I need again :) The heartbeat that WE ALL NEED.


Take care :)

You Might Also Like

0 lovebites