#442 - Keep Calm and Go Scouting

12:23 PM


Just yesterday, the scouts of 132 Petaling finally had a scout dinner since 2008 ! Yes, after four years, the scout dinner is finally back ! The committee painstakingly rushed everything for the dinner eventhough SPM trials were still ongoing. As a member of the committee, I want to sincerely thank all of you who came for the dinner :) 

The gadget the Form 4s built for Hari Koko and Scout Dinner :)
Did I just get my sister's shiny forehead  ? TT
 I was the secretary and event coordinator for the dinner ! It's my second time being an emcee I guess ? It's always fun but I was lacking of jokes for the day. So sorry about that ! I'll try to improve myself.... but I wonder if there will be another chance to be an emcee ? Since I'm not good at it :P Mehhh. Samantha and Jasmine were supposed to emcee along with Yvonne and I but they couldn't make it ! Sam managed to drop by before it began though :)

Form 2s and Form 1s on stage :)
The lighting ceremony :)











Oh, and I performed !! I don't think anyone recorded it though. I was disappointed in myself actually, I didn't practice at all until I got the keyboard from Jason.... which was like, 1 hour before the dinner began ? And I had to play it with inefficient lighting on the stage. But then again, who on earth plays the piano in the dark ? :P HEHEHHEHEHE. Okay I suddenly feel proud. Emo time over !! Shall record the cover again to redeem myself :P

Oh, and while I was practising, it was amusing to have the guys around. Like seriously. I didn't know whether it added or reduced the amount of stress at that moment but yeah, it was just amusing. Hiding behind the whiteboard or trying to sit without me knowing, HAHAHAHAH. Try again next time !! :D

And for those of you who asked what song it was, the first one was 0330 by U-KISS, and the second one was On Rainy Days by B2ST. :)

Birthday cake for the September babies :)
Upacara lilin :)
 We had the upacara lilin. It's one of the traditions that I really like. To this date, I have about 4-5 candles. I keep them all, because the flame represents the scouting spirit inside me. And every candle just reminds of the past events, camps, dinners, etc. You get the drill right ?

With Seik Yng ! She's the treasurer and food quartermaster !!
The food was okay I guess. I didn't eat much. By the time I actually managed to get my hands on food, I was left with mee goreng, curry chicken and fruit salad. Curry is too hot for me so I only ate mee goreng and fruit salad, with the last plastic spoon. Yeah, that's what you get for taking food last ! haha ! I didn't get to drink anything though. I had to buy my own drink !!! Sigh. Super thirsty the whole night ! And the only time I sat down during the event was during dinner ! I had to stand the rest of the night. Oh well.

The night felt worth it though ;) Had a short chatting session with Elayne, Yu Liang, and Yvonne ! Felt so good to talk to them after a long time. We should really meet up again :( And thank you Yu Liang for the Korea badge !! HEHEHE. It had a picture of the Harubang from Jeju Island on it ! Well, I hope those who came enjoyed their time :) Have a good day !

You Might Also Like

1 lovebites

  1. Delicious cake and nice candle light. The candle light reminds me about my childhood memories during Mooncake Festival where we play candles with neighborhood children.

    ReplyDelete