At The End Of My Life, What Do I Want My Legacy To Be?

1:19 PM

Hello hello!

OMG the last prompt of the whole series is finally here!!! And it's a tough one.


Sometimes I wonder if it's important to leave a legacy behind... I just want to be remembered as the best version of myself to people I love. I want good memories, good times, good words and good deeds to be remembered. I don't want their apologies or regrets after I've passed on. I'd rather people say things like "thank you for being the first friend I made", or "thank you for being there, always", you know? Things like that.  I supposed this is a legacy of some sorts as well to leave behind. The small acts of kindness that touches someone - as well as words that they'll remember for years after I've forgotten them.

I'm sure you've had some experience like that before? You'll never know when the next "encouragement" you say becomes someone's motivation for the next 5 years. You'll never know one moment of listening to someone's story becomes their confidence in being heard. You'll never know when a random small gesture becomes imprinted in someone's memory. I just want to be remembered in the fondest way possible close to heart. Is that selfish of me? Haha. I'll never know.


Well... if I do have to leave something physical behind then... I'd definitely leave all my money and house to my next of kin HAHA. I'll let them do whatever with it. It's not my worry anymore after I'm gone, if it helps them secure their life then so be it. If it's going to be donated so be it. If it's going to someone else of their choice, so be it. These things are way to far ahead for me to think of, although my mom has already mentioned to my sis and I on what she's leaving behind for us.


Sometimes you just want time to slow down eh?


It took me 2 days to type this in full. I've never really though of a legacy before. And I'm still thinking it's way too early to be thinking of it. I might still be young, but we'll never know when is the last day. I just want to live every day in good health and happiness. I hope you do too!


And this concludes the end of the journalling series!

Thank you if you've read almost every journalling entry thus far! I appreciate your support hehe.

I'll be slowly updating my blog contents from now on. It's time to go a small hiatus, I'll probably update on days when I get to shoot some nice pictures, or feel like unleashing my thoughts, or if I have something I'm so hooked on that I just have to share!

I'll keep this space as an online diary of sorts. hehe.

Until the next post, take care!

You Might Also Like

0 lovebites