#564 - A Stranger's Advice.

10:51 AM

I met an old man on the bus on Thursday afternoon after tuition. He was similar to my grandfather in the way he dressed, and I could smell his cigarette breath, which I despise. It felt uncomfortable to sit next to someone who smells like cigarette smoke but when he attempted to chat with me, I politely listened. Who knew the words that came flowing out of his mouth could make me think so much about life ? 

He was a former principal of a school, and it had Form 6 students as well. He asked questions and when he found out I was also a Form 6 student, he talked about how the art stream is better than the science stream, At that moment, I lost him. It's not that I wasn't interested, but I've heard similar things so many times in my life it just didn't seem possible to pay full attention on that topic. After that, he touched on many other things as well, including what kind of man I should marry.

When looking for a husband, search with two eyes. When you're married, close one eye. Hmmmmmm. I'll let you ponder about that. And while searching, think only about one thing. One word. And that word is dependability. He repeated this so many times and made fun of it to the point it became a memorable word. Heheh. Back to the word, dependability. Why ?

Depend on him for love. 
Depend on him to raise a family. 
Depend on him when I'm in trouble. 
Depend on him when I'm sad.

And depend on him for so many more things that I'm just too lazy to list down here. 

He was also talking about how most successful people are those that don't use their Degrees or Diplomas when they graduate. Sure, you earn money. But you're working for someone else. You have a JOB. And JOB stands for "Just Over Broke". Heh. Hearing his elaboration on this topic makes me feel like I'm going to be poor no matter how smart I become in the near future. 

When I mentioned that I was in the science stream, he told me people won't marry me. LOL. Oh gosh. He went on to talk about working hours and how I would only have one afternoon free in an entire week. Is that enough to date ? HAHAH. 

There's so much more that he talked about but this is as much as I can recall and put into words. I just felt like sharing this with you people :) Hopefully you DID read it. HAHAH. 

You Might Also Like

1 lovebites