September Week 2 - A Week of Gifts?

4:41 PM

Hello hello!

This post covers 8th-14th Sept I guess? HAHA. Thank you for your support if you've viewed my YouTube video in the previous post! I didn't share it publicly, maybe with just a few people... but I'm so thankful for all the positive responses hehe. Maybe it's time to share it out on my feed while I work on editing the second video.



This week I was excited to receive 2 parcels! I was only expecting 1 parcel, which I bought for myself. It was a brush lettering starter kit that I was interested in for a long time now. I've had some tombow brush pens and I've tried... but sometimes learning from YouTube isn't the best way for me. I didn't have the patience HAHAHA. It's this super cute brush lettering starter kit from @breakacarrot !!



I got it after caving in to Instagram ads, but it did not disappoint! It also came with a rose gold notebook, morandi circle stickers, a set of washi tapes and two pentel brush pens. I went through the first line of the entire workbook and I gotta say I do love it. And I realize these brush pens were so much more beginner friendly than the tombows that I have. I'll keep this up while I'm still on a work from home basis! heheh.


The next parcel was from Si Madu!!! I didn't see this coming. It came out of nowhere HAHAHA. She was so cute, and kept updating me from "parcel just got onto the flight" -> "parcel at kastam" -> "parcel ready to deliver already!". HAHAHA. I LOVE IT. She got me these two lovely sets of decorative paper!!



It comes with 10 designs each in 3 types of paper - a thin tracing paper, a washi sticker paper, and a postcard material paper! I used it in my journal on the day I got it HAHA. It was just super pretty! Best part? The gold foils and how it shimmers in the light! I'm a sucker for gold foils and shiny stuff in general HAHAHAHA.


Also guys!!! Check out these yummy quiche from @kiutiesmy !! Yet another Instagram ad that got me spending money HAHAHA. I've been trying to find more food that my step dad approves of so that we can get more variety to eat as a family at home. Trust me, if you've only been eating from the same 5 restaurants every day you'd get bored pretty fast to the point that fast food becomes luxury food LOL.



It's.... one of the best quiches I've had in a long time! Although it was wayyy smaller than I expected. This 1 pie is enough for both my lunch and dinner. It wasn't as thick as the quiches I normally get, but it was surprisingly super yummy and savoury!!! Needless to say, gotta double up the orders the next time we decide to try it. 


Oh, le boyfie also bought me a phone grip stand thingy HAHAHA geez I have no idea to describe it with words. I'll attached a picture below. Now I can have more angles when filming videos on my table. He only observed me filiming once and knew I needed something more HAHAHAH. So thoughtful of him. Gotta love him for that hehe. 


It's perfect for helping me film top down + holding my phone at face level for face to face video calls without me using my hands HAHAHA. Also, after posting all these pictures to the blog post... I just realized how much of a difference it is between how it looks like on my phone VS on my laptop. It's gonna be a real headache to try and find an edit that looks good on both my phone and laptop HAHA.

I also woke up to a thank you mesage on Instgram a few days ago for something I did way back in uni. That came outta nowhere but it made me happy. It definitely made my morning that day!!! Haha. Yes, the power of little things is very big, right?


On Saturday I also went to collect my blood test results. Everything was mostly fine except my Vitamin D levels. Yes. Honestly working from home has probably caused all of us to have insufficient Vitamin D levels. We don't go out on purpose just to get some Vitamin D right? HAHAHA. So guess who has gotta take some Vitamin D supplements for the time being? Me. Heheh. My levels were so close to the lowest level.

Just goes to show how much I've been stuck in the comfort of my home the past few months. My second dose of vaccine is only due early October, and I won't be fully vaccinated until 2 weeks after. So much time has gone and I'm still in these four walls... But I'm glad to see that schools and cinemas and other recreations are slowly opening up with the proper SOPs. One step closer to normal lives again.


Oh here! Just a picture of my fave meal this whole week.... although sadly it's infront of my laptop HAHAHA. And now, I shall go enjoy my next week of September. How did your second week of September go? I hope you're enjoying the little things life has to offer, even if you're trapped in your house like I still am.

Hehe.

Take care all!

You Might Also Like

0 lovebites