#558 - Day 1 : Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

4:41 PM

Hello everyone ! Touched down about 2PM on Monday, and remembering how hot KL is makes me miss the beach and the cooling breeze even more. But then again, there's no place like home :) 

Don't they all look the same AHHAHA 
I skipped school on Friday because of the flight time. Even if I did go to school, I wouldn't fancy going to the airport clad in school attire and dragging a heavy school bag around with me for the trip. Despite that, by the time we got to the terminal, we found out that our flight had been delayed. And... that certainly wasn't the best way to start off the journey.


Yup. I booked myself the window seat en route to Kota Kinabalu ! The clear blue sky dotted with fluffy white clouds was just a breathtaking view. It was almost sunset when we arrived so we went to the beach, which is also known as the Tanjung Aru First Beach. The tide was low, and you could see crab holes all over the beach ! Too bad it was pretty hard to spot them because they were the same colour as the sand !

By the time we arrived, the beach was crowded with people. I believe all of them were waiting for the sunset as well ! The amount of cameras that I could count during the period ? Plenty. 



The brilliant shades of colours in the sky ! Sunset is always my favourite !


Sunset, candlelight, sea breeze, and just time to spend without worrying would have made a really great ambience if it wasn't for the pubs blasting music through their speakers. That really killed the romantic mood.


I'm sure that if you watched the news, you would have known about the Malaysia Day celebrations at Tanjung Aru. I was there !! :D On the day that we arrived, the place was still being set up. You could see all the performers rehearsing, and tents being set up. I was anticipating this event alot ! (Though I only got to be there for about.....5 minutes ? T.T)


My mom said that the chicken wings here were nice ! So we had them for dinner :) 7 for RM10 !! We ate them the next day as well HAHAHAH. It's really worth it ;) I should have had seafood but I didn't see any around. I only saw corn, nuts, chicken and satay ! Hahah ! It's a beach !!

You Might Also Like

2 lovebites