Words of Wisdom

2:46 PM

Hi everyone :)


It's been so long since I last touched my blog. But I'm here to update all of you about my life for a bit. I've finally started studying again after STPM. It's been a VERY LONG break. About 9 months since I last touched my textbooks and I'm expected to still know everything I learnt back then.

Oh, for all of you curious cats, I'm taking my degree in Biomedical Science at Taylor's University Lakeside Campus. Please don't classify or stereotype me as a rich kid, because well, scholarships are everwhere. It's so different compared to Pre-U and I feel old because nearly everyone in class is a year younger. 

As for those thinking why I didn't opt for Local Universities, I didn't get the course I wanted. Well technicaly I WAS offered a course, but I applied for it as a backup plan if I didn't get the course I originally wanted. But then again, Biomed was an option i considered only AFTER submitting the UPU applications.


"Do what you want to do, Don't let the world define you or shape your options"



That is actually something I can relate to. I honestly feel like a robot sometimes. I'm always influenced easily by the opinions of people around me. I'm the kind of person who, in the end, does things and makes choices to please people or to go with the flow.

Take this for an example.

My mom was going to get me a car. A week before getting it, I asked quite a number of people to help me decide on the colour, knowing very well that the colour I personally favoured was RED. However, EVERY SINGLE PERSON I talked to chose SILVER. And right now, my car is freaking silver. It wasn't bad at first, until I saw the red version all over the roads. 

That pinching feeling in my heart made me feel like I imade the most terrible choice in the world. And I'm trying to change that. It's not easy to change once you get to a certain age, but I'm trying. I don't want to let the world define me, I want to be DIFFERENT. 

But that won't happen without support. And this is why I'm truly grateful for the friends I've made right now. They're very cool people. They make me remember what kind of person I used to be a long time ago. I used to be the talkative one, the one making decision and influencing my peers. But right now, I'm just a listener, the quietest person, and one saying "yeah that's fine". 

Screw that shit. I still don't think I'll have much to talk, but I'm going to do the things I like without worrying about the opinion of others. I want to shape my identity. 


Well now. Thanks for reading :) And so sorry for unrelated pictures again, I need an outlet to be vain sometimes. HEHEHEH. 


You Might Also Like

1 lovebites