Struggles with Customers

12:39 PM


Hi guys ! :)


Sometimes I find it weird that the 30 Day Blog Challenge is what keeps me going in the blogosphere. Especially now that I'm working and reach home fully exhasuted mentally, the thought of opening my laptop and typing words feels like a burden for my tired hands.

Nope. Definately not easy to do without a goal in sight.

Now, this week's challenge is to share something that I struggle with..

Current struggles ? Dealing with PEOPLE.

As a front liner in the business industry, or the non classy job name, retail assistant / promoter, I always have to deal with people. My customers. And that is the struggle. Every. Single. Day.

We all know that there are different kinds of people in the world. The different kinds of buyers, shoppers, customers, patients... Just name it. Everyone is unique and great, and at times, everyone is an asshole. But here's the kind of customers that never fails to annoy me at work.



1. Give DISCOUNT la.

Sure. There's tons of discounts and promotions going on now. You can *inserts promotion details here*. But what does the customer say ?

Customer : Aiya give more la!
Customer : You sure can give more right!
Customer : Wahh so little one? Sure got better discount wor.
Customer : You don't give discount I don't buy.
Customer : Give discount la got buyer also you don't want the sale ah ?

Seriously people, you pay what you get. Have you ever asked for discounts at hospitals or clinics ? Did you get any ? NO. The only thing you can do there is complain but because you know the value of medicine you pay for it anyway. Not that I'm selling medicine, but I'm not working at a night market. The place you should go to for haggling is the pasar malam.



2. Give me NEW one !

This is probably true for everyone, buyer or not, and it's something I understand as well. Nobody likes display items, unless they're head over heels in love with it and it just so happens to be the last pair. That's a rare case. But what about the shoes that weren't on display and you only tried it once ?

Me : Yes this one is new. I took out new one for you to try.
Customer : No I want new one. This one I try already.
Me : ........

I then walk into the store room, wait about one minute while repacking the shoes neatly, and then I give the exact same pair to customers.

Customer : Ah see this new one nicer ma! Thanks ah girl.

Please. You can't even tell the difference.



3. Asks questions, Doesn't hear answers.

These type of customers are just so damn annoying. And when I choose to not answer you, you look at me and ask why I didn't answer your question. I talk, you cut me again. Get a longer attention span please. It makes me wonder who has to talk to you every single day and either suffer being cut midway of a sentence, or continue talking while you ask another question. 

Customer : Why so expensive ?
Me : Oh it's because -
Customer : Why my feet like this one ?
Me : Well there are many reasons for -
Customer : Girl this shoe I can wear ? Go take my size !
Me : What size -
Customer : Girl why never answer me one
Me : *internally feeling like whacking customers*

Honestly it's annoying. Very, very annoying. Like, you don't even deserve customer service. You can deal with self-service. If only you would LISTEN.



I could talk and write about this all day long but for now, listing the three most frequent customers I deal with is enough to get some frustration out. Trying to keep the good vibes only.... trying. It takes too much effort to deal with people. Especially when the effort isn't rewarding. Then it feels like a waste of energy and time. 


Well now, if you can relate then I'm glad we're on the same page. If you can't.... just please tell me you aren't the kind of customer I'm talking about. Hahaha....?

Have a good day :)


You Might Also Like

0 lovebites