My Inspiration

10:11 PM

Hey everyone :)


Today's Day 4 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge, "Write about someone who inspires you".

This is a really tough topc for me. Really.




This is a topic I can barely bring myself to write. To be honest, whenever I saw an essay that asked me to write about someone who inspired me, I only thought about the person I could write most about. After all, I can't exactly submit an essay without content to my teacher right ?

Truth is, I get easily inspired by the people around me. Not kidding. I can see a stranger walk past me and still be inspired. I don't need to look at big figures or what the community defines as a "role model" or the "perfect person" to get inspired. It's just the little things that someone manage to light up a spark in me.

I don't know how to explain this and neither do I expect you to understand.


I get inspired by the lady walking pass me in the shopping complex looking chic and sassy. Her fashion inspires part of my wardrobe.

I get inspired by the random passerby who helped someone cross the road. That act of kindness makes me want to help others too.


I get inspired by my dog who always comes running back to me even when I lock her out of the room. Her loyalty and desperation to not let me be alone makes me want to do the same for others.

I get inspired by the monitor lizard who fell off the side of the drain trying to reach it's food. Hahah was that weird ? But people do have to be brave to take risks to achieve their goal.


I get inspired by waiters and shop assistants who handle hot headed customers. Patience is key.

I get inspired by the person who talks and makes everyone listen. It ain't easy to command attention, learnt that from too many experiences.


I get inspired by the tiny plant surviving at the side of the road. Not everyone is strong enough to stand when all odds are against them.

I get inspired by meaningful lyrics I hear from songs. And no, not the songs about sex and drugs and so on. Those might be catchy but I can't feel it.


Of course I do get some inspiration from people close to me. However, I refuse to write them down here so no one gets overly proud of themselves HAHAH. But you might have inspired me a way or more. (most probably lah) Heh.

You know this post actually made me feel kinda deep. Just kinda.

I wrote it this manner because there's no specific person who inspired me. I've been broken and helped up by so many people I can't possible pick one.



By the way, if I stare into thin air and suddenly get an idea or a thought that inspires myself to do something, is it me inspiring myself or my brain telling me to be productive in a creative way ?

I'm just kidding. Heh.



You Might Also Like

0 lovebites