#614 - Penang Day 1

10:27 AM


Hi everyone :) 

It's been awhile since I traveled :) I believe the last time was when I went to South Korea for the AOA Program. And by the way, this post is slightly lengthy as it's filled with words and pictures. Do scroll down at your own risk hahah. 

The Urbains'14 planned a class trip to Penang, and as a sister-in-law (lol that's what they named me haha), I went along :D We went by train, and the tickets were RM19 one way for the third class seats. It took about 7 and a half hours, but I guess it's much safer than taking a bus. It's not all that comfortable as I barely had any sleep, but it was VERY COLD. 


Upon arrival in Butterworth, we had to take a ferry to the island. And oh, we had to pay RM1.20 fully in coins HAHAH. That was hard. Please bring LOTS OF SMALL CHANGE when travelling to Penang. Buses there don't give you change for your ticket. And the ferry view in the early morning ! The breeze was just great. Although the sea water appeared like slimy black goo moving doesn't look very scenic. The city lights were very nice to look at.


We arrived at the apartment about 7AM I think. Rested up and headed out for breakfast! What's the point if you don't eat in Penang ? HAHAH. I gained about 2kg while I was there. Weehoo. Our breakfast wasn't the best place to eat in Penang, but I guess as a 'starter' it was okay. Besides, food in Penang tastes better for a cheaper price. Yum yummm.


Had to walk around to get house necessities like water and other stuff. There's so many places along the roadside screaming for pictures to be taken. If you don't trust me then walk by yourself hahah ! You'll notice more. People these days just walk and rush to their destination. Like hey ! Stop for awhile and look around you.



Credits to boyfie :D Personal photographer there HAHAHAH


For the second half of the day, we decided to walk around Georgetown. I think we came to Penang really unplanned, but I guess that's part of what made this trip just a little bit exciting. Venturing into unknown places and walking until your legs want to cave in. (k joking, it wasn't that bad). But forgetting sunblock would mean you would get a few shades darker. 


#OOTD with credits to boyfie ♥


Our first stop of the day would the the 3D Interactive Art Musuem ! We didn't have much time before it closed but managed to explore every inch of the place ! I think the one in Korea had more art, but nevertheless, the ones here were pretty amazing as well ! And oh, yet another place which makes me wonder why I did not make a student card at school. 

The happy boyfie :D
This just gives me the CNY feels when it's two weeks away heheh !
SNAKE :D wahahah. 

I think we spent a good one hour there. So many pictures to snap ! Heheh ! A place to be vain for a legit reason HAHAHAH 


And oh. 3D Jelly ! The taste was so-so, but isn't the duck adorable ?



After the museum, we ended up walking A LOT, just to look for street food. The weather was just as hot, if not hotter, than KL. It was a somewhat pleasant walk amidst all the honking (seems normal to all cars and motors here) and sweat. Every turn here and there you could easily spot a temple, and every row of shophouses just reminds me why it's a heritage site. Not as modern as KL or Subang, but worth the change of view even for a few days.


And this is something we practically ate every day during our stay in Penang. Fried Oyster ! :D You can hardly find any here. I've only ate this once prior to Penang, but besides that ? Absolute zero. Already missing this dish. Can't anyone open up a shop for this dish here @.@


I believe Chark took this hahah ! I think our day ended after a little more walking and bus back home. We didn't do much on the first day. But they played cards the whole night hahah ! Feels like one of the first trips where I didn't play lolololololol. Sharpening skills before CNY HAHAHAH.

Was this post too long ? 
HAHAHHA
:)

You Might Also Like

2 lovebites

  1. Helloo Natasha!! This was an interesting read :D Keep up the good work on highlihting the wonderful adventures ^^ Now im really intereested to go to the 3D art museum.
    and oo.. thank you for the tip o.o really din't know you had to pay the fare in coins on the ferry..wondering..wouldn't that make the boat much heavier if kept being collected ? :/

    keep blogging and have fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa ! Glad to read your comment heheh. Yup, the 3D art museum is a place worth visiting. You can change your notes there to coins, but that's another que :) you pay before you enter the boat :D

      Delete