#610 - Double Zoo Date

2:47 PM



Hello there :)

It's my first time going on a double date. But it felt more like the usual outing with friends. Except that I don't really feel bad not talking to the them from time to time. Cause they'll still have each other even if I don't talk to them heheh, and I have mine :D But who's the other couple ? A mystery you probably won't solve.

We went to the zoo using public transport. We took the KTM to KL Central. After that, we took the LRT to Wangsa Maju. From there, just get a taxi to the zoo. The whole journey should be about RM10, if not less than that. Though a reminder, when going back, don't take taxis from inside the zoo compound. They charge you at a fixed price and not according to the meter. (which is usually much cheaper).

The tickets went for RM30 per entry, and an additional RM20 if you want to see the pandas. Wow. We took the panda ticket, because, well, better to see pandas once than never, right ? Hahah! Although I did see pandas in China. Right now I'm wondering if they're the same ones I saw back then. Hmmmm...


I've been the zoo a few times before but even as a returning visitor, I still feel like it's my first time here. It's always amazing to see animals. Someone called the giraffe Jason's best friend. Tall people issues. HAHAHAH.


I still find this picture so sweet :) Like NGAWWWHHHH.


The aviary was full of beautiful birds, though they are bit hard to see if they blend in really well with the trees. But it's hard to take pictures of them, if you haven't already noticed.



Most of the enclosures were pretty well kept, although some parts are still under renovation and are undergoing upgrades. But the panda facility makes the enclosures look....well.... Kinda meh.


Halfway through, we decided to catch the 11.00AM animal show ! They have another show in the afternoon, but I thought it would be better to catch the morning one so we can leave early and hopefully not get caught by the usual evening rain. It's worth watching ! :) You'd be wasting your money if you didn't see this.



I would ask you to look at the eagle that's looking at you... but ............that couple's stare. HAHAH.


BEARCAT. SO FLUFFY. SO CUTE. NOT BEAR. NOT CAT. But you're still a bearcat!


A few of the creatures at the reptile house ! Trying to find them is the tricky part ,especially the snakes !


There were so many animals ! Be sure to read the signboards for more information :) Although..... Sometimes the signboards aren't accurate. There were a few mislabelled enclosures. Like saying it's a hyena when it's obviously not. Ahh well. They should have updated the signs if they were moving the animals to different enclosures. That would avoid PLENTY of confusion.


At the Savannah ! It's nice to see giraffes, zebras, antelopes and even ostriches in the same compound :) The rhinoes and elephants were elsewhere though. My mom asked me if I went for the elephant ride. But I didn't even see anywhere offering rides. Hahaha. Maybe it was when I was a small kid. No more elephant rides :(


Fu Wa sleeping like a boss ! So adorable :D I read somewhere that the pandas are usually only awake during feeding time, which is about 2.30PM. I forgot about that fact and we went inside much earlier. Be sure to check the timing :) As you're only allowed to enter the facility once !



Spot Feng Yi at the back ! I know that they were renamed as Xing Xing and Liang Liang..... but I really can't help but call them by their original names. It's like asking you to call me Marion when you've been calling me Nat the whole time. And a few shots later my camera ran out of battery ! HAHAH ! Ahh well. Didn't manage to get pictures of the apes and penguins on my camera. But at least I have them in my phone :D

I would definately recommend that you visit the Zoo at least once in your life. But be sure to bring water and stay hydrated ! And maybe a cap or umbrella if you don't like direct sunlight. I would also recommend that you pack your own lunch, as the food here isn't all that nice and worth it. There was a panda cafe at the panda enclosure but I haven't tried the food there. 


Taking too long to post things again.
nuttyvivi.

You Might Also Like

0 lovebites