#606 - Senja d Paris

6:19 PM


Hi lovelies :)

Prom Night. It's something I've been looking forward to ever since organizing it last year for the Form 5s and Upper 6s of 2013. It's in THIS BLOGPOST, but it's mostly just pictures and the performance video. Heheh. I was lazy back then. Back to prom, I was excited about this day :) Even waking up earlier than usual. It's been awhile since I woke up early due to excitement.


I like my dress so much I think I'll update another post just about it HAHAHAH. I think judging by the picture it's hard to tell if I'm even wearing makeup or contact lens. Haha. Yeah, today was my first official time wearing contact lens :) I took almost an hour trying to wear them when I got them, but on that day I got them in under 20 minutes. So proud of myself considering I'm a first timer.


My prom date and boyfriend ! :) Much loves

YoursTruly, Carol, Cheng Yi


We reached about 6.30pm and my oh my, everyone looked amazing :) I guess it's something I didn't observe well last year because I was too engrossed with my own duties. But now that I have time to watch the crowd flooding in, it's easy to see how much effort everyone put into this night :) That kinda made me feel underprepared though HAHAHAH.

Also, I think I took less pictures this year compared to the previous year. HAHAH. Oh well. Most of the pictures somehow ended up blurry. I guess that's what happens when I don't use my camera for some time. I'm so sorry if any of you are waiting for the pictures from me. Do ask me personally cause I don't think I'll upload them to Facebook.



Also, it's my first time receiving and wearing a corsage. It's so elegant and beautiful it makes me sad to see it slowly die in my house right now. However, it was an amazing feeling to receive one. Never in my life would I have expected one. Heheh.

With some of the Faradians ! :)

Although I didn't make it past the auditions, I'm glad to see them perform on stage. They did well even if there were minor mistakes. I feel so proud of you two ! :D Ahhh, makes me miss the feeling of standing up on stage. All that butterflies in the stomach and sweaty hands HAHAHA. Okay, maybe not everyone's like that.

We were served with a 8 course Chinese meal. I was skeptical at first, because, well, there's going to be so much wastage of food. And I wasn't wrong at all. The first few dishes were finished, but halfway through when people started leaving to take pictures, oh the food. If I had a bigger tummy I'd eat them all though heheh. Overall it wasn't THAT BAD, but then again, I was only looking forward to dessert.


Lotus Combination Platter

Nothing too great about this. But it was allright.


Double Boiled Winter Melon Broth with Sun Dried Whelk, Mushroom and Wan Ton.

I liked the soup because it reminded me of my mom's soup HAHAH. Ahh well. My tastebuds are weird.


Roasted Chicken with Mat Lat paste and Prawn Cracker.

The crackers disappeared fast enough. HAHAH. The chicken was tender although it could use more taste.


Deep Fried Live Sea Bass with Thai Mango Chilli and Sauce and Roasted Cashew Nuts.

Can you see any cashew nuts HAHAHAH. My gosh. It's not spicy like I thought it would be.


Steamed Fragrant Lotus Leaf Rice with Crispy Shallot

Ahhh. Something I always dread when it comes to Chinese menus. I never liked lotus leaf rice.


Tiger Prawn with Fragrant Oats, Red Chilli and Margarine.

I liked that pumpkin looking decoration. Was thinking if I should get my hands dirty for this, cause eating prawns with cutleries is.... not easy. I guess it's slightly worth making my hands dirty for.


Braised Brocolli with Crabmeat, Egg White Sauce and Fish Roe.

I think this was the best dish overall HAHAHAHAH. My tummy and tastebuds were so satisfied.

Dessert was Chilled Honeydew Melon with Sago and Vanilla Cream. I liked it so much I can't even recall how many servings I had. I couldn't get a decent pictures because the lights were dimmed when dessert was served. It was delicious though, so much that my tastebuds are craving for it right now. Although this is just clearly my personal opinion.

Yan, YoursTruly, Vonn
All the Elokians/Faradians :D Rock sign for Deric ! Heheh

Sunway's Lagoon 2 was definately majestic :) It had the right atmosphere and surrounding for Prom Night. I'm glad they managed to have it at the same venue again. The sound system was so much better, and so was the lighting. Good job committee :) Although it got kinda weird when there was no performance for awhile towards the end.

Fellow Form 6s :)

Shall end this post with a group photo :) That night wouldn't be the same without great people.


Until next time,
take care
:)

You Might Also Like

4 lovebites