#616 - Penang Day 3

1:30 PM


Hi all :) 

It's the third post of my Penang travels. Heheh. Sorry but it ain't over till it's over. I want to put this down in words so I won't forget it. Day 3 in Penang was filled with lots of public transportation and rushing. HAHAH. Well, it started off quite okay though.


We got up early and went down to Ayer Itam market for breakfast. And a large one at that. First we had some asam laksa ! :D Boyfie said there was a better one, but this tasted pretty good as well. My mouth is watering just thinking about Penang food again. Weehoo. 


After that, we went to get Curry Mee for Round 2 heheh. What's the point of going to Penang if you don't eat ? Heheh. However, there were 2 curry mee shops side by side. And.... the shop aunty just came and took everyone's orders, but it wasn't the shop that we wanted. Oh well. We managed to try both, but meh, that aunty sure knows how to take advantage of unwary travellers.


After lunch, we hopped on a bus and headed towards our next destination. The Penang Water Sports Recreation Centre. We told the bus driver the wrong destination so we ended up paying twice as much. But oh well. I guess having a few bumps along the way is normal for a trip heheh. We came here to kayak !! I've never tried it, so doing it for the first time felt really refreshing.

taken from PKSA fb page
Before beginning, you'd have to listen to some basics from the instructor. He'll be watching and helping you if you need it. And before I forget, it's RM12 per person per hour. You can choose between a single person boat, or a two person boat. We had odd numbers so one person had a single boat HAHAH.


Above photo from PKSA facebook page, which is over HERE . You can go check it out if you want to ! It was almost high tide when we went for kayak. So the waves were a little bit rough. I think an hour would be fine already. We got tired pretty fast just moving here and there, and playing bumper kayak ! HAHAH. We also kayaked to the Floating Mosque located not too far away ! 


Group photo credits to PKSA as well ! hehe ! It was so sunny that it was hard to keep a straight face while taking the picture. Wearing sunglasses and closing eyes until it was done really helped. A LOT. Heheheh. Learnt a few things though.

1. Your arms will die.
2. A kayak boat is so heavy.
3. Let water into your kayak and you're gonna regret it.
4. Getting hit from a paddle hurts.
5. The sun bakes you.

Kay that doesn't help much does it ? HAHAHAH


Definately a place I'd remember in Penang. We spent so long just to come here, but we only kayak for an hour cause we got so tired. Hahah !! Kayaking consumes so muched of my energy I was famished by the time we reached home. I didn't even bother taking pictures of food and I just vacuumed everything. Oopsie. Heh.

It's been awhile since the last selfie I posted on my blog hehehe
Boyfie ♥

I think half the day was wasted in the bus though. It takes a really long time to go from our place to the jeti, to the sports centre, back to the jeti, and back home. And I'm still wondering why there aren't any taxis in Penang hahah. Or rather, I didn't spot any.


But really. That pretty much sums up Day 3. I feel so unfit that I got tired out just by a simple day like this HAHAHAH. Oh well. That adds another goal for me then. To get fit again, which is pretty hard now that I'm working and studying at the same time. But it doesn't hurt to have goals. Makes me feel like I have a direction to head towards.

Day 4 coming soon :D



You Might Also Like

0 lovebites